York, NE - Parts Manager
1st Shift, Full-time - Parts
Sahling Kenworth - York, NE is currently accepting applications for a Parts Manager. Ideal candidates will have prior sales experience and general knowledge of heavy duty truck parts.
Parts Manager Responsibilities:
• The Parts Manager is responsible for the Branch Parts Department by acting as the Inventory Manager and the Operations Manager.
• Ensures the strategic and operating goals and objectives of the Parts Department are met while meeting established profit targets.
Primary Duties of the Parts Manager:
• Prepares operating and capital budgets for the Parts department, reviews on a regular basis and takes corrective action as needed.
• Develops and implements an effective sales and marketing plan which meets department sales and profit targets while supporting company goals and objectives.
• Consistently performs external environmental scans of truck parts market and adjust sales and marketing strategy accordingly to meet target goals and objectives.
• Manages and controls the parts inventory level, ensuring an adequate inventory and efficient use of warehouse space.
• Reviews department expenditures for accuracy, reconciles with vendor statements and provides payment authority.
• Develop and maintain knowledge base of retail and wholesale truck parts market.
• Establishes and fosters relationships with outside sales representatives, vendors and parts suppliers.
• Promotes effective communication between department and all other Branch departments to best serve customer's needs.
• Reviews vendor products, determines which lines to carry and negotiates profit margin.
• Analyzes sales territory and customer purchase trends to develop effective strategies to build parts route sales base and overall profitability
• The Parts Manager interviews and hires parts department personnel.
• Monitors computer inventory system for high and low usage items to optimize warehouse parts storage
• Trains and appraises parts employees to ensure acceptable productivity and adherence to company goals and policies
Requirements for the Parts Manager:
• Associate's degree (AA) in a technical field or comparable work experience.
• Three to five years heavy duty parts sales or related experience with supervisory experience preferred.
• Management skills to include strategic plan development, decision making abilities and program implementation.
• Ability to demonstrate or display extensive product knowledge to customers and staff to assist with purchase decisions.
• Supervisory skills to include the ability to coach, train and motivate subordinates to reach established department goals.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented and results driven.
• Ability to prioritize and handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work well under pressure while assisting a wide variety of customers (both internal and external) while fostering relationships with key industry contacts.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Computer, mathematical and customer service skills.
• Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop and lift/move up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Ability to work in a dealership environment to include 8 - 12 hour days with frequent exposure to weather elements.